Well, it’s been quite a couple of weeks. I know this new reality has been hard on all of us, and will be for some time. I captured a few thoughts on my iPhone as we’re all in the midst of this pandemic. I share this message, filled with gratitude for each of you and well wishes for us all to weather this public health crisis together.
As you know, Easterseals Southern California is still open, serving our communities and program participants – but in different ways. We’ve needed to adapt and move quickly to creatively stand up and retool our delivery of life-changing services:
- Our residential services continue to provide safe, dependable home support 24/7, with our Adult Day Services stepping up to provide extra support and added staffing
- Autism therapy continues to support families in need via Telehealth technology
- Our associates in Child Development Services continue to support families to stay calm, implement common sense solutions and access community resources
- We are reaching out to our program participants in Adult Day Services and Employment Services to provide additional supports, as needed
- All support departments — including HR, IT, Accounting, Administration, Development, Marketing Communications – are primarily working virtually but continuing to provide support needed to keep us open and operational
Be well and be safe!
President & CEO